[RTTY] Contest Entry Categories

Marty Tippin martyt at pobox.com
Fri Jan 9 18:26:09 EST 2004

At 03:09 PM 1/9/2004, J. Edward (Ed) Muns wrote:
>In fact, a single op in MS (because of packet) can't do
>SO2R because of the band change restriction.  I used to think this was
>grossly inconsistent, but have come to rationalize it as follows.  If a
>single op can, by themselves, find new mults and stations to work on other
>bands, then they deserve the freedom to do so.

As pointed out in my other post, don't be misled into thinking the SO2R
guys are just hunting for mults on the second radio -- in most cases,
they're calling CQ on *both* radios at the same time, while carefully
adhering to the "one transmitted signal" part of the rule. It's incredibly
easy to do on RTTY. I don't know how anyone could make it work on SSB, but
apparently a few do.

-NW0L