[RTTY] Re: Concept of a new RTTY Contest

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Tue Jan 20 11:53:50 EST 2004

> I guess it all boils down to whether the software writers can (or want to)
> provide a module for this contest.

True ... if the new contest rules are written such that no current logging
software will work.  OTOH, if the contest rules were written to match an
existing similar contest, e.g., the Stew Perry TBDC, then many of the
logging programs could be used as is.

I just tried WriteLog set up as Stew Perry TBDC and went into Band Setup to
setup the 5 bands (80-10 meters) for FSK.  I entered my own Grid Square in
Parameter Setup.  This logged FSK contacts on all 5 bands and scored
according to the Stew Perry rules.  Seems like that would be the easy and
sensible approach to this "new" and "novel" idea.

73,
Ed - W0YK