[RTTY] CABRILLO TOOLS HELP

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Mon Jan 26 17:52:53 EST 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, at 5:27 PM, Dr. Jim Akers wrote:

> It appears that one must enter EACH QSO into the form MANUALLY!!!!

You can cut and paste a whole bunch of lines at a time, as long as it
has the right input format that Bruce's PHP takes.

I'd only entered two QSO's (one a local, the other a DX QSO) to see the
result, to make sure that my own program was putting out the same stuff
(same spacing and left or right justification of Cabrillo fields, etc).
  The ARRL robot took the format without complaining... now crossing my
fingers until September or October, HI HI.  Might become the first time
someone submits a log with a score of zero :-) :-).

Cabrillo is such an easy format to target, there must be *someone* who
can code up a small program, or a script, to convert from some other
known format.  Most of you don't run MacOS X, or I would whip up a
quick converter app.

One possibly is write a Perl script or something, to convert whatever
format you currently have to the format that Bruce's PHP take, and do
the Cabrillo conversion as a two step log generation. Bruce's format is
very basic.

73
Chen, W7AY