[RTTY] Clearing Kam from Host Mode

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Tue Jan 27 05:23:54 EST 2004

Sending to the RTTY groups just in case some one might need the info.

How to un HOST your Kam

The Kam can be left in Host Mode due to a shut down that didn't allow the
program accessing the Kam to return to it's normal mode.
The is evidenced by the characters LLSOOL appearing on your screen when you
turn it on.

Here is a easy way to fix this problem.

First you must go to a Dos Command Prompt.
In a Dos window when you see the C:
(MAKE NOTE OF THE DIRECTORY SO YOU CAN FIND THE FILE THAT'S CREATED)

type COPY CON "HOSTFIX" (DONT USE THE QUOTES) <ENTER>

the cursor will move to a blank line

Hold down the ALT key and using the numerical keypad only type
the number 192
release the ALT key and type the letter Q
Hold down the ALT key and using the numerical keypad only type
the number 192

At this point you will see some funny characters on the screen
Sort of a LQL.
now type CTL Z (this will save the file as a ascii text file.)

Now the easy part.
Open HyperTerm, which is a simple Terminal program that comes with Windows.
It can usually be found in the Accesories-Communications program group.
Open Hperterm, choose new connection, give it a name, select the proper com
port.
A new screen comes up where you can select your port speed/parameters.

Now turn you Kam on, you should see the symbols LLSOOL.
Select Transfer, Send Text File, choose the file name HOSTFIX.
and send it.

You should now see the Kam Welcome Message appear.
Your Kam is now cleared of Host Mode.

Disconnect from Hyperterm by clicking on the telephone hangup icon or
Disconnect from the Call menu.

Hope this works for you as easy as it did for me.

I think sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.