[RTTY] Suggestion for Dayton Hotel for RTTY Ops...

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed Jan 28 17:16:36 EST 2004

Thanks for getting this going.

I'll be there Thursday (flight arrives at 15:18), with some stories
and photographs.

73, doug

   From: "Ron K5DJ" <k5dj at austin.rr.com>
   Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:45:45 -0000

   Ok everyone better book the way Doug did. He got his room $5.00
   cheaper than I did. I called the Ramada Inn (Dayton North)
   direct.. The number I used was: (937) 890-9500. Address is: 4079
   Little York Rd. They told me $100.00 bucks a night. Find with
   me.

My information is that the reservation number is 1-888-298-2054 (that
may be the main Ramada number) and that my $95. price doesn't include
tax.

   All I need is a bed, bar and a restaurant, preferably all in
   the same location. hi..

I'll take a shower in preference to the bar, but....

    Car pooling, I can handle one or two each day. Wayne K7WM & Waldemar DK3VN,
    Scot K9JY and myself are already in my car pool. Can take one more easily,
    will have a full sized rent car.

   As for a Hospitality room, the Ramada Inn has a meeting room,
   dunno how big it is, if someone wants to get it I will kick in a
   few bucks etc. We can all pitch in and make a booze run to the

Likewise.

   local liquor store. (I know where it is.) If we run out, we can go
   again.. :-) I think we could have a low budget RTTY blast.  If we
   do this on Thursday we used to all meet at the hotel watering hole
   (Bar) and start telling all the contest stories of how we did this
   or that.  PLEASE remember the RULES: It doesn't matter where it's a
   true story or not, just make the story sound good. So, practice
   your stories before you tell them. :-)

    See ya at the watering hole Thursday afternoon for part one of Dayton
   '2004..

73, doug