[RTTY] UK RTTY Contest

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Sun Jul 11 14:09:03 EDT 2004

Shelby wrote:
> WOW, 6 hours with no takers! I get concerned, early in a contest, if I
> go 5
>   minutes with no takers?

I wasn't going to participate until I found 5W0DL last night simply
booming in over the Pacific waters on 20m calling CQ UK.  I never could
resist a loud signal like that, so I quickly made up some macros (in a
new AFSK software I am homebrewing, thus no time for no steenking
contest) and called him.

So that my call won't be taken as a unique, I quickly found and worked
an FO5, a G3 and an EA1.

When I tuned over to SSB, the band was filled wall-to-wall with loud
Europeans doing some yak-yak contest.  Haven't heard Eu that strong for
a while.  No wonder I could work the G and EA without pulling my hair
out.

73
Chen, W7AY