[RTTY] Trouble With FSK

Thomas Giella KN4LF kn4lf at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 10:32:06 EDT 2004

Mike,
I use MMTY and FSK. I built my own interface between my Mark V and computer and I'm not real familiar with the Rascal.

But on the Mark V pin 4 is ground, pin 3 is PTT, pin 2 is data out and pin 1 is shift. Make sure the Rascal cable is wired properly. This info is on page 16 of the manual.

Also go to check your menu setting 6-2 to make sure that it's set to high tone and make sure you select LSB via the RTTY mode button.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 31 44N 82 09 51 98W

NWS Tampa Bay, FL SKYWARN Observer # HIL-249
SWFWMD Rainfall Network Observer #574 Thackery
CWOP Weather Station #CW2111

PODXS 070 PSK31 Club Member #349

KN4LF Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Radio Propagation Theory Notes: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm