Fw: [RTTY] naqp received logs

dennis o'connor k8do at mailblocks.com
Mon Jul 19 10:33:59 EDT 2004

Larry W0ETC, I saw you in the contest but couldn't catch up to make a Q
with you...

OK gang, in spite of my posts about all the teething problems of
getting a working rtty station back on the air at the last minute, I
had a ball...   I agree with the comment about 20 meters being
strange... Long one minute and short the next...

A few of the names were different, such as Byte from Me...

One of the highlights is the PY station that kept exclaiming over and
over how I was just 'BOOMIN IN'...  Well, I looked quizzically at the
Bird, which insisted I was putting a stomping 90 watts into the ladder
line, shrugged, thanked him, and hit F1... Ya can't fight, The Force
(propagation), but it sure can make you look good when it is with
you...

I mostly ran one frequency on 20, from 2pm to 6pm, then took the xyl to
supper and restarted with S&P at 7:30pm... By 10PM I had a line of
thunderstorms passing to the north of my qth which were predicted to
last until 4 or 5 AM... Nothing directly overhead, but the static was
tooth rattling... S9+ signals were printing more hits than letters
because of the white noise on  frequency... At that point it stopped
being fun and I packed it in...

Denny - K8DO