[RTTY] RE: no rtty ops in Delaware

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Wed Jul 21 23:06:30 EDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:

->    From: Peter Laws <plaws at plaws.net>
->
->    You can't get RTTY WAS with PSK 31.  You *can* get Digital WAS with
->    it, though, and I will, but I want to finish RTTY WAS first ...
->    :-)
->
-> This is a suprise for me.  I think when I got mine, PSK counted as RTTY
-> (as it does for DXCC, still).

Maybe DXCC changed?  According to
http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/rules.html#si, "Baudot, ASCII, AMTOR and
packet count as RTTY."  There's no "only", so it's not quite definitive if
you're into picking nits.  :-)

Back to WAS, it's explained differently:  http://www.arrl.org/awards/was/
says "The Digital award, issued for working any digital mode (PSK31,
AMTOR, PacTOR, G-TOR, etc), is also available. Except for RTTY, the
Digital award is dated, but not numbered."  They list a separate RTTY
award.

WAC is less clear, offering only a "RTTY Certificate".

-> That's one of my pet peaves- you can enter RTTY Roundup using PSK, but
-> since the ARRL won't count them as separate modes (except when they
-> do), you stand a very small chance of winning anything.

Agreed, that's kind of silly.

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9
Looking for MT on RTTY