[RTTY] Friedrichshafen

Vladimir V. Sidorov eu1sa at belsonet.net
Sat Jun 5 11:15:42 EDT 2004

Hello Phil, Doug n'all,

Nice to learn, you gonna be in FHN the coming fall.

Concerning the RTTY gathering, pls note, for the last a few years all the
RTTY people there gathers around Waldemar, DK3VN, and me. Last year I've
announced the BFRR (the Belarussian national society) booth as a meeting
point for the RTTYers. And it worked! A lot of RTTY people came at least to
say, hello. It was really a pleasure to get the "eye-ball QSOs" with
numerous people which we all know from the RTTY world. To name at least one
of them, for example, it was really very nice to meet HB9AWS, "Casper from
Closters" (remember, the solar battery operation from the Swiss mountains
which we normally see in the after-contests' reports). There were a lot of
other people, as well, pls don't compain to much, I can't list everybody.

Pls note, usually "serious" people gather around the BCC (Bavarial Contest
Club) which arranges evening parties in the "Adler" restaurant nearby
Friedrichsgafen. Actually it is a very nice contesters' party where the RTTY
people get together as well. I'd recommend everybody to be there, too.

Once again, I am ready to come up as a meeting point for the RTTY people at
the BFRR booth. Then we can always agree on a meeting somewhere, like, to
get together at the "Adler" restaurant. Otherwise (and Phil, it looks like,
it is for you first of all) you can call me at +375 296 474 474. I'll tell
you where we get together, how to get to the place, etc.

Waldemar, DK3VN, came up here recently with an idea to get together in FHN.
Maybe he will add something else.

Gents, see you soon!

73,
Vladimir EU1SA