[RTTY] ANARTS

John Cashen vk4uc at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 14 22:09:16 EDT 2004

ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: VK4UC
Operator(s): VK4UC
Station: VK4UC

Class: SOST HP
QTH: VK4
Operating Time (hrs): 19

    80:    1     47     1
    40:   43   1595    31
    20:  238   9340    79
    15:  187   7260    60
    10:    0      0     0
--------------------------
Total:  469  18242   171  Continents = 6  Total Score = 18,716,292

Comments:

Goodbye to 10M from VK4. How many years will it be gone? The bands were
terrible and when there were openings all signals were well down in
strength. I  would have stayed on the full 30 hours if it had been worthwhile.

Scored my first EU(YL2GC) on 80M RTTY!  Could have worked more if I had
QSYed earlier.

Sure do like these contests that have scoring based on zones. It kind of
makes up
for the "tyranny of distance". That's far more of a factor in "winning"
than SO2R, power, antennas,etc.

Its a shame there aren't more VKs participating.  I noted most of the usual
regulars were on. Its just there appears
to be little net increase in VK rtty contesters over the recent years.
Perhaps the dropping of the Morse requirement here will spur
HF digital activity.

Thanks to Colin for putting ANARTS on every year.