[RTTY] Makrothen Partial Fix

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 6 10:33:42 EST 2004

I worked with Steve, N9OH, the author of the Makrothen module during the week
and discovered the callsign highlighting problem but he was unable to nail down
a fix.

He did try again today and has put out an updated module.

It only partially fixes the highlighting problem but it is an improvement.

If you open a "cloned" Rttyrite window, highlight works OK in the "cloned"
window but not in the main window in his newest update 1.0.0.3.

If you do not have two RTTY TNC's you may not be able to use a "cloned" Rttyrite
window.  But if you are running Windows XP and using the MMTTY plug-in, you can
open a "cloned" window and run MMTTY in both the main and clone RTTY windows.

I am presently using MMTTY in the main window and a DXP-38 in a cloned window on
one machine and a DXP38 in the main window and MMTTY in a cloned window on
another machine and in both instances callsign highlighting works correctly in
the cloned window of both PC's.

The update is at http://wlmods.n9oh.com.

Sorry I haven't been able to play much in the contest.

73, Don AA5AU