[RTTY] SPAM/PORNO, ETC.

k7wm k7wm at i10net.com
Tue Mar 9 00:13:12 EST 2004

My e-mail server installed a spam/porno blocker put out by McAfee called
"postini" the week prior to the RTTY NAQP. The program notified me when it
went into service and recommended that I check the mail in the "hold"
position for several weeks, to ensure that nothing was being held that I
didn't want held. It also does not send any reject messages to sender. As I
was expecting the large influx of logs, I been going thru approximately
400/600 spam messages a day making sure no log was being held. Surprisingly,
it only "held" one log. It operates differently from others I have seen as
it allows you to tell it what you want to receive, i.e., from RTTY
Reflector, NCJ, etc. instead of what you don't want to receive. Makes a big
difference. Anything in my address book, it automatically assumes I want to
receive too.. Is working really well so if you have any input to your
server, might make a suggestion they look at it..FWIW...73 de
Wayne k7wm at i10net.com
all outgoing messages scanned with AVG