[RTTY] Makrothen - move it to a different weekend, please!

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn at nexgo.de
Tue Mar 9 18:23:18 EST 2004

Scott Nichols wrote:
> What really made me chuckle to myself is after an hour on 7.035 running
> RTTY, I heard the most gawd awful racket... I clicked on the LSB button
> only to hear a very prominent US "1" station op berating me for
> operating RTTY in the SSB portion of the band!! Scissors/Corn Flakes box
> came to mind........
>
> Peaceful coexistence......
>
> 73, Scott VE1OP
>
> Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>
> I was the 40 meter SSB operator at KC1XX in this weekend's ARRL DX
> SSB contest.

Hi,

in Europe (IARU Region I) the subbands on 40m are

 7.000 <--- CW --------> 7.040 <------------- Phone ------> 7.100
                 7,035 <-Digi-> 7,045

In all RTTY contests we have the same problem. Fighting with the CW
guys on the "left" and fighting with the SSB guys on the "right".
Plus a very strong russian beacon on 7,039 and a few Pactor stations
on the 10kc small Digi-Modes-Subband, a subband, which is de facto
nowhere!

In a major DX SSB contest you can hear many VERY prominet US-stations
above 7.15, who urge EU's to respond on a QRG below 7,040 and when
I say below, then I mean: down untill 7,001.

If you don't believe it, just check it out in the CQ WW WPX SSB
at the end of this month! So much about "Peaceful coexistence"!

However: The Makrothen will be moved to an other date for the next
time.

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL  on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch
RWRL Mirror on http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn at darc.de
German DX Foundation #207  http://www.gdxf.de
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low!