[RTTY] need help interfacing TS850 to Hal DXP38

David Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 11 22:58:13 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ashworth" <fathom at Access4Less.net>
To: <RTTY at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 9:27 PM
Subject: [RTTY] need help interfacing TS850 to Hal DXP38

> Hello, decided to go with a HAL.  Been looking over the manuals for each
> piece of equipment and not quite clear on the hookup.  This is what I have
> come up with: FSK jack on Hal to RTTY jack on TS850 with RCA plugs,  AF
OUT
> jack on HAL to TS850 ACC2 pin 3 ,  AF IN jack on HAL to TS850 ACC2 pin 11.
> The Hal also has a PTT jack, would that go to pin 9 on ACC2?  Thanks in
> advance for your help, Dave, NC6P.

I hate that 13 pin din on the 850.
The male connector is hard to find, the pins are
close together, and it is susceptible to
rfi.

I take the audio off the speaker output. Yes,
you have to pay attention to the af gain control.
If you are using FSK, you don't need audio in
(unless you are doing psk31 or some foolishness
like that).
If you need a ptt, You can use the mic connector
on the front panel. It works in all modes. Some
software control programs can do a software
ptt over the radio control line.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ