[RTTY] Help on IC756 Pro II

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Fri Mar 12 21:56:29 EST 2004

Any IC756 Pro II Owner,

I did something bad this morning when I turned on my IC756 Pro II in order
to measure the SWR on the beams before I lowered them tomorrow to retune.
My computer was just starting up before loading the Windows desktop and it
died at that point - some sort of power surge? After restarting things I
noticed that I have ZERO power output from the IC756 Pro II. After checking
all the controls, and the soundboard AFSK etc still 0 power out.  Oh, I
remember there is that internal 5 amp fuse in the Power Amp section. So off
comes the outer cover and internal cover. But the fuse is OK. Damn, thought
I had it. Measured 12 volts across it - actually a slight voltage drop
across it of maybe 50 millivolts.

Have tried every thing all day. Got the station down to basic dummy load on
each antenna port. Tried SSB, CW and RTTY AFSK and FSK. No power??????

Any one had this type of failure??

Mic Gain full, Power control Full, it receives OK. I can see the rtty
signal on the scope and hear it in the other receiver so the low level
things are working.

Any ideas????

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC