[RTTY] DXP38 vs Soundcard stuff

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 13 08:37:53 EST 2004

I think those than "shelve" their HAL products are foolish.  I agree that MMTTY
is an overall better decoder than the DXP38, but I've seen the DXP38 out copy
MMTTY too many times to not use it.

I think a lot of people (who run WriteLog) are missing the point when they don't
run two decoders at the same time - one MMTTY, one HAL.

I have a HAL DXP38 sitting on each radio.  See
http://www.rttycontesting.com/aa5au.html.  Look for the layout of the shack to
change drastically as I try to incorporate an Icom IC-775DSP into the lineup
alongside the two Kenwoods.  If it works out, I'll probably be looking for one
of those DXP38's sitting somewhere on a shelf to go on top of the Icom too.

73, Don AA5AU