[RTTY] DXP38 vs Soundcard stuff

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Sun Mar 14 09:35:29 EST 2004

My experience with running both at the same time was somewhat different.
For me both copied signals that didn't move the S meter and at times
copied signal my ears at first didn't hear.  In the end I found that
MMTTY at times decode cleaner than the DXP38 and was always equal to or
better than the DXP-38.

Possibly I found a sweet spot in the audio level for MMTTY, maybe my
sound card (SB AWE-64) is cleaner than the one you were using,  maybe it
is a difference in the audio output of our rigs (IC-775DSP here).
Whatever, in the end as a wise man once said if it works the best for you
use it, whatever it is!

73 W0ETC