[RTTY] Re: Noise with MMTTY

llindblom at juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Tue Mar 23 19:29:56 EST 2004

This is  very reason I alway turn off the AFC before diving into the crowded portions of any band on any mode.  AGC off can be harder on the ears at times but this prevents a strong nuisance signal from totally covering up the ESP signal you are trying to copy.

73 W0ETC

-- "Don Inbody" <ad0k at inbody.net> wrote:

My only problem is the tendency of my rig (TS-430) to clamp down the AGC
when a nearby loud signal comes on, thereby virtually eliminating the weaker
signal I may be copying.  In that circumstance, a tight filter (or moving
the IF shift) will help.

Don

Don Inbody/AD0K
QSL via LotW and eQSL