[WriteLog] Re: [RTTY] New Turtle Beach Sound Cards

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 01:32:25 EST 2004

The Turtle Beach Santa Cruz is the best 16 bit sound card I have ever
tested.  What did I mean when I posted this sentiment?  I meant that
as a tool for the transfer of analog signals using 16 bit A/D and D/A

1) It had the highest SNR of any tested
2) It had the lowest IMD of any tested
3) It had the lowest stereo crosstalk of any tested
4) It had the least disparity between published A/D, D/A rates and reality
   of any tested
5) It had the largest total dynamic range of any tested.

I have used it repeatedly and for extended periods of time as my RTTY card.

I do not do SO2R and never considered the lack of a mute on the SHARED !!
Line In/Mike   circuit to be a problem since I only use hard keyed FSK.

There are separate plugs for Microphone and Line/In, but they different
only by the Microphone plug is followed by a microphone amplifier.

I will put the results for this card on my home web page and then publish
the link here.

Bob McGwier
N4HY