MMTTY AFC, O-scope (Re: [RTTY] Re: Noise with MMTTY

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Wed Mar 24 10:06:33 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Bill Turner wrote:

-> If you're using *only* the tuning indicators built into MMTTY, you
-> should leave the AFC off.  The reason is that when you are tuning across
-> the band, the AFC will *grab* the signal and tune it in before your

Figured that out early on.  What I try to do is use the Mark freq as my
guide with AFC on and try to tune it as close as I can to 2125 (the
display updates automagically whan AFC is on) and then turn it off so it
stays put.

I've never used the NET function!

Speaking of the virtual oscilloscope ... When someone is transmitting with
a shift of other than 170 Hz, I've been tuning so that the vertical bar is
vertical (which means that the other bar is not quite horizontal).  Is
that right, or should I tune so the horizontal bar is actually horizontal.

As the PK232s disappear, this won't be as much of a problem, but until
then ... :-)

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9