[RTTY] RE: 3B9C

Phil Cooper Phil.Cooper at cwgg.cwplc.com
Wed Mar 31 13:17:11 EST 2004

Hi all,

>From what I gather, the 3B9C team had a 'changeover' day yesterday
(Tuesday), where some of the team left for home, and new members arrived.
This may have been partly responsible for the lack of RTTY on that day.
I think you will find that there will be more and more RTTY over the next
days, probably on several bands at once. They will do WARC band RTTY,
although the amount of this may be less than desirable, but also dependent
on the size of the pile-ups on the conventional bands.
I do not think you will see a great deal of RTTY on 40/80, if any, sadly.

On Monday evening, I was trying on 10m (op was Jun JH4RHF), and saw SRI
PROBLEM WITH LOGGING ON RTTY, so this MAY account for the lack of your calls
being in the online log. I did see K8UT work them on 15m, and he IS in the
log, but many from 10m are not.

There are some GOOD rtty ops on the team, so we ought to see a bit more on
this mode.

I also have yet to break the piles, but I am hopeful! I suspect the last
week will be the easiest to accomplish this, especially with 100 watts to a
small antenna.

Good luck to you all in getting in the log!

73 for now
Phil GU0SUP

and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the author immediately and delete it, together
with all copies, from your system.  You are unauthorised to
directly, or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy
any part of this message if you are not its intended recipient.
 Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of
Cable and Wireless Guernsey.

Information held on any of Cable and Wireless Guernseys'
computer systems is the property of Cable and Wireless Guernsey.
Cable and Wireless Guernsey reserves the right to monitor
and review the content of all information, messages and
attachments sent to or from this e-mail address.