[RTTY] IC 746 PRO

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Sun May 16 12:14:31 EDT 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Ed wrote:

-> I am looking for some pros and cons on how well the 746 does RTTY. I'm a
-> casual RTTY op and a casual RTTY contester. Not concerned about SSB as my
-> preferred mode is CW. TIA

I'm interested in hearing what you find as well since I just acquired a
746Pro myself.  I have the FSK cable for my RB+ but have yet to get it all
hooked up (I had been running AFSK to the IC725 previously).

For the other digital modes, I presume the signal is still fed via the
mic.  The 746Pro has "SSB Digital" modes that allow the use of other
filters (I think) but that turns off the mic port.  Is there a better way
to feed "sound card" modes to a 746Pro?

Peter Laws
N5UWY/9