[RTTY] Art K2ENT - SK

4X6UO gldc1090 at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 1 21:24:02 EST 2004

One afternoon in late 1980, I had a nice chat on
15 meters with Ken, VS6IC. When I told him my QTH
he said he was K2MTC and had lived only a few
blocks from my home in Malverne! You have read of
such coincidences many times, I am sure.

About Art K2ENT by W2JGR OUR rtty GURU .
I call this decade the happy 80's because that
is when I feel I made some really great strides
in the hobby. November 27, 1983 was a day to be
noted. That was my first RTTY QSO. It was with my
good friend, Art, K2ENT. I used a TI-99/4A
computer with a Kantronics Hamsoft plug-in module,
and a AEA CP-1. By April 1985 I had RTTY DXCC
Certificate No. 101 on the wall. By October 1989
I had WAZ No. 26 for 20 meter Single Band RTTY.

RTTY became an all consuming passion with me. My
logbooks during this decade show about 96 percent
RTTY operation, 3 percent SSB, and 1 percent CW.
The CW was generally reserved for working new new
countries. The SSB contacts are generally for
schedules with old friends. In 1986 I replaced
the K-2000 with a Kenwood TL-922 amplifier which
I kept until I moved to Minneapolis in 1991.

E-mail :gldc1090 at netvision.net.il
E-mail :4x6uo at arrl.net
10x10 # 45820  VP # 2408
Phone : Res :     +972 9  9554205