[RTTY] WAE Rtty

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 06:19:23 EST 2004

Hi,

Do we get a rebate on our licence fees when conditions are that bad?

WAE Rtty fell, unfortunately, after a week of very nice visual auroras
here in GM.  I expected high HF to be a 'bit surpressed' but even 80 was
poor here.  I guess with one of the simpler (est) stations I'd be worst
hit!!   What signals there were on the higher bands were often very weak
with me, I still had a sackload of QTCs to give by the end but no-one to
give them to!

Rig Ts830, max 100watts + wire dipoles for 40/20/15 and Inv L long wire
plus ATU for 80 and 10.

Still, I beat my score from last year and had fun so that's the most
important thing.   Gm8oeg motto: "If you aren't enjoying it you're doing
something wrong"

Class: Single Op Low Power
QTH: Dundee Scotland
Operating Time (hrs): ~22 hours
Radios: Just the one ol' 830
Cluster: Absolutely not.

   80:     68          0       68
   40:   136         10    111
   20:   140         20      76
   15:     51        110     54
   10:      8         10       10
Total:  403      150    319    Total Score =176,407

Cheers
Andy
Gm8oeg