Fw: [RTTY] WAE RTTY

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Wed Nov 17 20:47:11 EST 2004

The TH-7s were collected over a period of several years and picked up 2nd
hand.  Same for the 120 ft of R-25 they are mounted on and the 130 ft of
R-25 used to support an 80 Mtr 4 Square..  Ditto for the TT-2X rotors and
two side mounts used with the TH-7s.

Up here in IA HF is getting more and more non existent and N0NI taught me
the trick of driving around and noting towers/HF antennas.  Then driving
by a month after to see if the antenna is still pointed the same
direction.  If it is aimed the same direction then stopping and ask if
the owner wants to get rid of it.  Sometimes it is yours just for taking
it down;-)  I'm not young or healthy enough anymore to do the climbing
but N0NI works cheap (free) in exchange for my doing the grave yard shift
on 160 & 80 & 40 in his SSB, etc multi single endeavors (e.g., CQ WW).
Seems none of the younger guys want to stay up all night and dig for Qs,
but would rather run big rates in the day light hours.

BTW, I have a 4th TH-7for replacement parts when needed.  When it comes
to antenna collecting, just call me Sanford as I also have several
verticals, 40 Mtr rotatable dipole, side mounts, two TT-2X rotors, an
OR-2800 rotor etc, stored away for potential use or my estate sale. Again
all 2nd hand junk!

73 Larry L W0ETC