[RTTY] RE: Flat panels...........

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Fri Nov 19 15:54:35 EST 2004

On Nov 19, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Phil Cooper wrote:
> Going to flat panel monitors has reduced the noise significantly. The
> CRT's
> produced some big noise spikes at differing intervals on each band,
> and the
> worst was on 10m.

This was the main reason I went to using only laptops at home from
about 1994 onwards.  Without any keyboard and mice cables, they also
aren't as susceptible to RFI.

When stand-alone flat panels became more widespread 4 or 5 years ago, I
finally transitioned back to using some desktop machines at the QTH.

Pssst: if you are getting noise from your wired CAT-5 Ethernet cables,
just go to 802.11b wireless networks... worked for me.

73
Chen, W7AY