[RTTY] Anyone using FT847 on RTTY?

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Fri Oct 8 11:37:49 EDT 2004

Any tips on using a Yaesu FT847 rig on HF RTTY? I see it doesn't support
FSK, and looks like I can't even use the narrow CW filter in SSB rx mode.

I guess I am limited to AFSK low tones with no narrow filter?

All my RTTY experience is with FSK and narrow filters. How well does the
simple hookup to the sound card work with conventional 2KHz SSB passband in
a contest environment? Is there any way to use the CW filter?

Reason: I have an FT847 I bought years ago as a satellite rig that is not
being used and I am putting it in my camper so I can operate an occasional
RTTY contest when on the road. We take trips lasting 8-12 weeks and I hate
to miss out on contesting that long.

Jerry W4UK