[RTTY] W1ZT Makrothen SO/Single Xcvr HP

George Johnson w1zt at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 22:01:34 EDT 2004

                   Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: W1ZT
Operator(s): W1ZT
Station: W1ZT

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: FN42
Operating Time (hrs): 2

    80:
    40:
    20:
    15:  70   440077
    10:
------------------
Total:  70   440077  Total Score = 440,077

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Good conditions on 15m for both Asia and Europe made limited time very
enjoyable.  It's always a challenge to decide which of two transmitted grid
squares is correct when they disagree by a single digit.  A small
difference happened quite
often.  So I started sending my exchange 3 times to see if long distance repeat
requests changed...  they didn't.  The participation was very good for the time
I was able to operate.  I hope it bodes well for JARTS.  Thanks to all for
the contacts.

I noted the comments on callsign highlighting but I did not seem to have
the problem in the beginning.
But I had started RITTY after I had started WriteLog and set up the log.  I
did notice a failure to highlight
when I restarted the program the next day for my second time operating.  A
simple restart of the RTTY window
brought everything back to normal.  I used WL 10.48F, RITTY by K6STI, and
Win98SE on an AMD 233 MHz machine.

73, George .. W1ZT