[RTTY] Thanks

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 17 00:32:38 EDT 2004

FireBrick wrote:
> I'd be willing to bet you Dunkin Donut and coffee...it wasn't a rtty contester.

> From: "Sid Ashen-Brenner" <sashen at swbell.net>
> >         I'd really like to thank the LID showing very poor sportsman like
> > conduct by transmitting endless RYRY's on top of 9A5W on 7.041 MHz at
> > approximately 0210Z 17 Oct 04. (and keeping it up for better than 10 minutes)
> > I've come to expect better than this from the RTTY community!
I heard it also, and just stayed there in the hope he would id. Never
did. But, there's another side to the story. Another station which I
had just worked was on that frequency when 9A5W just showed up and
started CQing. I had to ask 3 times for a repeat before I got it. So
9A5W is not without fault.

Still, the conduct was not very gentlemanly, and I also doubt it was a
rttyer.

73
Ed