[RTTY] Is writelog still the best RTTY-contesting option?

Dr. Wolf-E. Gruening dl6jz at t-online.de
Wed Oct 20 16:46:00 EDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

but now you know where the poor result of N1MMLogger results from.

I gave N1MMLogger a try about a half year ago. It was quite easy to install
and get to work, even on 2 networked computers. One great advantage is that
all data are hold in an MS-Access 2000 database which provides an open
interface for personal and very special purposes.

The other nice feature for me was that I could import all my RTTY-QSOs into
a N1MM-general purpose log via an ADIF file. So it was easy to use this
software for "normal" QSOs and in contests.

But then came the daily updates/bugfixes.

After the contest I remarked that there were NULL-values in my contest log
because I used the mouse for jumping to the next field of the entry-window
and not the <space>- or <tab>-key.

After another contest I had to correct 80 QSOs in my log manually because of
wrong scoring.

And I was not able to respect the automatic change between CQ- and S&P-mode.
It made me crazy!

So I went back to WriteLog after some weeks and 2 contests. And I am happy
now.

But my results are regularly not so good as yours, Patrick.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ