[RTTY] Tools and contesting

ws7i ws7i at ewarg.org
Wed Oct 20 17:21:26 EDT 2004

Lots of tools for RTTY contesting. They come and they go. One should try and have a couple in your toolbox.  One should give kudo's and respect to anyone who writes a RTTY ham program. Good job Patrick.

Lots of perspectives in contests and certainly one way isn't the best for everyone.  I use Writelog. I have won many contests with Writelog.  I used to use WF1B, I have won contests with WF1B.  Prior to WF1B I used Scotchlog. It was best used while drinking Scotch! But I did win contests with it as well.

I tested RITTY, I never won a contest with it. I use Hal Communications ST-8000's and won a lot of contests with them!

Enjoy your tools and I look forward to trying out N1MM's program as it sounds like fun.  Contesting is supposed to be fun isn't it?

Tributes to Hal, Ray, Ron, Bill, and all the others who write code, draw schematics, and make the digital world so much fun are always in order.

73 Jay WS7I

ws7i at ewarg.org