[RTTY] GU0SUP Russian RTTY SOABLP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Sep 5 10:04:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Managed to spend a little more time on this contest this year, as it
normally coincides with IOTA.
However, I still only spent about 5 hours in the contest.

Some nice openings, especially on 20m, so I managed VK, ZL, KL7, W7, VE6,
and a few other nice ones, even R1ANF.

I did note that Writelog showed Kaliningrad for R2SRR, instead of EU Russia,
and it showed South Shetlands for R1ANF, although the headings window showed
it as Antarctica.

Was it me, or were there some very deaf stations about? There were a couple
that had huge signals, but didn't seem to hear most of those calling them.
Conditions were a little "one way" though, with a nice path to the east from
here. YB5BO was louder than most western EU signals!

Nice to see so many Russian stations this year.

Here is what I managed:

          QSOs       Points      DX:        Oblasts
80m:       0             0           0               0
40m:     25           130        18               5
20m:     89           590       37              17
15m:      40           315       17               12
10m:       0              0         0                0
Total:   154          1035      72             34

Total multipliers: 106
Score:  109710
IC756Pro at about 70 watts. Mini-beam for 10, 15 & 20, Inverted L for 40/80.

As for HG4I's message asking to be spotted, I didn't see it this contest,
but I generally do NOT spot stations that ask to be spotted. I interpret
that as "soliciting".

I am now looking forward to CQWW!

73 all, and thanks for the points!
Phil GU0SUP