[RTTY] W0ETC

Larry L Lindblom llindblom at juno.com
Wed Sep 15 11:59:25 EDT 2004

I had a Hematology appointment Monday.  All my blood work continues
to look good for me with my hemoglobin now in the normal range, white
blood cells just above normal and  immune system values in the normal
range.  The only problematic value is lymphocytes which are still twice
the normal per cent.  In other words, I'm almost normal and as anyone
who know me will tell you W0ETC and normal are a total oxymoron.

As to the Leukemia aspect of my problems, it will be regular blood
tests to monitor the condition. Of the three or four other patients Dr
Alexander has who also had Hemolytic anemia due to treatment with
Fludara so far none have needed to be retreated for Leukemia.

The above is good news and bad.  Good in that maybe I will never need
to be treated again for Leukemia.  Bad in that this means it is
uncertain as to what the treatment options are if it is again needed.
Unfortunately this problem is so rare that there is very little known
about it.

I have tentative permission to return to work on October 1.  This
assumes my condition remains stable between now and then. I have one
more doctor appointment on Sept 29.

This was a rough summer for me.  However, it seems that on the physical
side I am now possibly in better condition than I've been in for a long
time.  Mentally, I'm now getting to the point where I know I faced a
life threatening condition but it looks like I lived to tell.

To all who sent their wishes, prayers and thoughts for my recovery, what
can I
say but thanks.

73 CU on the bands
W0ETC