[RTTY] USB to Serial adapters

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Wed Sep 22 19:18:53 EDT 2004

> Damn,  do I hate USB.

Thom, I don't want to sound mean, really, but I have to wonder why hams buy
stuff that doesn't have what they need and then struggle so with trying to
recover.  Dell, for example, makes some nice laptops that HAVE serial ports.
When I shopped for laptops, I looked specifically for serial ports, and I
even took a disk into a retail store and ran the WriteLog SoundCheck program
on it to make sure it scored the highest score.  HI  That said, it seems
like the MicroHam interface is getting good reviews.  Good luck - 73, John