[RTTY] USB to Serial adapters

Richard Ferch ve3iay at rac.ca
Wed Sep 22 20:25:42 EDT 2004

If you are looking for a USB to serial adapter that will support 5-bit
Baudot characters, you may have difficulty.

However, if you are using MMTTY, you can download the comfsk105.zip file
from the MMTTY website (http://mmhamsoft.ham-radio.ch/mmtty/index.html) and
see if you can get that working. If your USB adapter will do DTR and RTS
switching for CW and PTT, then with the extfsk dll from the comfsk105.zip
file you should be able to make FSK work. I cannot tell you whether it will
work from inside your contesting program, other than to point out that even
with MMTTY stand-alone it cannot be on the same serial port as the one you
are using for rig control.

Worth a try, perhaps?

I did a short try with a temporary lashup a few months back to confirm that
it would work with my system, but since then I have not yet gotten around
to wiring up a more permanent interface, so except for a few short tests I
am still on AFSK. Has anyone been using the extfsk dll seriously, and if so
with which software (other than stand-alone MMTTY)?

73,
Rich VE3IAY