[RTTY] USB Serial Money

James semaj at suwanneevalley.net
Thu Sep 23 09:15:13 EDT 2004

Good Morning,

I wish to make the following observations:

Laptops are more expensive than desktop computers.

One can purchase PCI to serial cards for a desktop.

I recently purchased a dual processor, 40 Gig HD, 4X graphic display with

Dual display, 256Meg Ram, two 9 pin serial output, for $200 and added a
Sound card for less than $20.

This will work for me because I do not have a need to carry a computer with
me.

What will I do with the rest of the money?  Buy the Guy wires for the new
tower

That is going up.

For the first time in my Ham Radio Career I will be able to run full power
into

A 20 meter beam.  My first RTTY contact was in 72 – 20 mtr dipole in attic

Worked Italy.

Jim

KV4FE (WB8MUQ)

Suwannee River N. FL.