[RTTY] Zone 4

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 27 09:13:54 EDT 2004

At 08:55 AM 9/27/2004, William D.Storer wrote:

>Noticed several of KY and TN callsigns sending zone 5 during the contest
>while others were sending the proper zone 4.  Should be zone 4 according
>to CQ's zone chart.  Anyone else notice this? Might want to check your logs.

Hi Bill,

Normally I would respond "log what was sent, regardless of whether it's
correct or not".  This works in MOST contests, but CQWW RTTY log checking
has some "quirks" which scores your log against what the other station was
SUPPOSED to send, not what was actually sent.  You can read the reflector
archives for more details.

Still, I would leave your log alone, and pray that the log checkers "do the
right thing".

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC