[RTTY] QSO B4

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Tue Sep 28 11:25:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:04:23 +0200, f6irf at free.fr wrote:

>So believe it or not but there is no better way than duping!
>
>73's Patrick

Patrick is right, I know it in my heart, but I can picture any number
of stations duping people right and left without a clue as to the fact
that they are dupes.  The REAL contesters are not the culprits here,
it's the casual guys who are working from memory - without contest
software - that I believe are the problem.  These guys won't be
sending in logs anyway, so there is no problem there.

A contest like the CQWW, without serial numbers, can be worked by
anyone with a RTTY program that has macros.  After the fifth dupe this
weekend I added a B4 macro and used it a lot.

It *might* have cost me a Q, but on the other hand it sent a message
to these guys to be more careful.  NOT ONE of them argued with me at
all or requested another Q.  That tells me they just weren't paying
attention.

If a known contester calls me with a dupe, I'll work him, no questions
asked.

Crotchety mode off.  :-)

--
Bill W6WRT