[RTTY] 10 & 15 meter scatter paths

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 12:45:06 EDT 2004

I don't think the turnaround delay (the changeover from TX to RX) would let
you hear something only 20 ms later unless you were running a very fast QSK
rig barefoot. Maybe 50 ms. I have heard the "tink" (and that is  GOOD
description of the sound) many times. I am pretty sure it is the 140ms
around the world trip, but have not tried to scope it to actually measure
the delay.

I have heard it mostly on 10m. My 10m antenna is a 1.25 wavelength vertical
dipole, so I can hear well from all directions - no F/B discrimination for
the returning sig.

Jerry W4UK