[RTTY] CONTEST POTTY BREAKS...

Jack West w7ld at olypen.com
Wed Sep 29 14:20:11 EDT 2004

Hi Guys,
      I have read with some interest the discussions on holding onto a frequency
during potty breaks.   Several years ago, I solved that problem in this shack.  My
shack is located in a seperate room at the of a detached garage. Here was my
solution.
      I installed a "contest urinal" under my op table.   So the procedure is simply
to "unzip, hang it, and relax."   My xyl brings my meals and coffee (lots of coffee)
to me on a serving tray at regular intervals.   Thus no problem holding a frequency
for a potty break.   This system was a problem during one contest when I overflowed
the uninal.  Thus design change No.1 (larger capacity)
      Another problem with old age is siatic pain down the left leg after sitting for
a long time in the op chair.   I have a big comfy leather chair and I place a pillow
in it to sit on for added comfort.  This seems to help lessen the pain in the leg.
However, one cannot sit forever, so I operate intermittently "standing up" which helps
releives the pain.   Sometimes marching in place in front of the op table will get
the blood flowing again.   Geeze...aren't we glad contests don't go longer than 48 hours?
73 de
Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"