[RTTY] wx9x qsl cards?

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 30 17:56:05 EDT 2004

Makes me glad that I ordered 1,000 cards from WX9X a few years ago.  The particular design that I chose was very similar to the one I had in the 1960s as a new General-class operator.

A lot of hams now print their own cards, although I'm not sure that this is more economical than commercially-printed cards, all things considered.  I guess it does have the advantage that the QSO information can be filled in by the program that prints the card.

Another factor may be electronic QSLs.

Then again, there are hams who are known not to send QSL cards.

Possibly the printer retired?  Anyone know how long WX9X was in business?

73 de Jim - AD6CW

Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
http://www.qth.com/star/

"THE PROGRAM (WX9X QUALITY QSLS AND/OR STAR QUALITY QSLS) FORMERLY OPERATED BY
STAR PRINTING/SOMMERS GRAPHICS WHEREBY RADIO OPERATORS ORDERED CUSTOM QSL CARDS
IS BEING OFFICIALLY SHUT-DOWN EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND IS NOT BEING REPLACED
WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAM."

Another victim of declining sunspots?

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, , http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13 1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC