[RTTY] Reminder: ES OPEN this Saturday on 40 and 80 meters

Tonno Vahk tonno at lhv.ee
Tue Apr 12 12:23:30 EDT 2005

Dear friends and contesters,

ES OPEN HF Championship will take place this Saturday, April 16th, from 0500 to 0859
UTC on 40m and 80m! I hope you will have chance to participate in this nice small
contest. There will be many ES stations active and contest is held both in SSB and CW.

International winners get special trophies from ERAU plus all country winners will be
awarded. There is also a special LP trophy.

We are trying to be the fastest log checkers in the world and announce the results
about 1 month after the log dealine!! We hope this makes it much more interesting for
you. Every participant also gets personal UBN files via e-mail.

NB! This year log deadline is May 20th, not June 1st anymore!

Please check the results and rules from www.erau.ee:
http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload&name=Info&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=68

Rules are very easy: the contest consists of 4 equal one hour periods where you can
work a station once on both bands. Thus 8 times maximum in total during the contest.
Foreign stations can work ES stations only and multipliers are ES region prefixes (0 to
9) on both bands and modes. So 20 for CW/SSB and 40 for Mixed class.

CW QSOs give 2 points and SSB 1 point. Report is RST + QSO number.

Text format logs should be sent to esopen at erau.ee

You can use WPX configuration of different logging programs as ES prefixes are all
multipliers. Just have to clean dupe sheet after every hour or start new log. TR log is
easy to use, we have a sample CFG file on ERAU web page. Let me know if you have some
very clever solutions for other logging programs - I would very much appreciate!

CU on Sat morning,

73
Tonno
ES5TV