[RTTY] RTTY and other digital modes with a DX-77?

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Thu Apr 28 13:52:40 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'll post a message with some interesting details about my trip on
EUROPA later.  Sorry I wasn't actually able to operate effectively
from anyplace but the Falklands, but I learned a lot anyway.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting Andy ZD9BV up on the digital
modes after he gets back to Tristan da Cunha in September.  He's
currently using a DX-77, and I'd like to know if anyone is using that
rig and connection details.

If anyone wants to help him get a more effective station, he could use
a Yagi and an amp (and maybe even a better rig).  The average wage on
the island is 13 USD a day, so there's not much money there.  Andy's
in South Africa currently, so gear can be gotten to him there.

73, doug

PA/N6TQS/MM, VP8DIN, ZD9QS