[RTTY] Serial To USB Adaptor

Thomas Giella KN4LF flcyclone at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 4 15:25:33 EDT 2005

I use MixW v2.15 with an FT-1000MP Mark V Field for digital modes operation. I built my own interface and for PTT triggering  it uses a 9 pin serial female jack from the rig interface to the 9 pin serial male plug on the old 733 mc computer.

Now I have purchased a new Dell Inspirion 2200 lap top which of course only has USB male plugs. I want to use the new lap top for digital operations and need an adapter. The adapter would have to be a 9 pin serial male plug on one end to the interface and a USB female jack on the other end to the lap top USB male plug.

Gee I hope I'm not mixing things up between female jack and male plug. In any event can anybody recommend a source for this adaptor? It would be much appreciated!

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
27 58 33.676 N 82 09 51.674 W