[RTTY] [WriteLog] First RTTY Contest

Charles kk5oq at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 18 07:00:11 EDT 2005

Hisami,
 I have all the volumes , 1953 - 1982. Lot of good reading. I recall
getting them from my friend Bill, K5YG.
I think the first test was a little earlier than what has been posted.
Any one wanting CD copies let me know. I will check first to make sure I
can burn them.
Or perhaps they can be posted on, all volumes, on someone else's web
site if anyone is interested.
If not I will send the original ones.
Interesting to note contest time started at midnight on a Thursday.
The first DX rtty contest contact might have been with  JA8AF from w6ith
on 15meters.
The last phrase of the write-up in the journal report still holds true
today
"BOY THIS IS FUN!"
73
Charles/kk5oq