[RTTY] SARTG GU0SUP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Aug 21 13:15:34 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Seems like I had to work really hard for each and every QSO in this one! It
was harder when I saw EA and stations in OH/SM with such high numbers at the
start, and working all sorts of good DX that was inaudible here.
During the last few hours, the contest seemed to be made up of a few
stations with 5-600 Q's, or those with 100 or so!

No new ones this time, but some good DX in the log, such as JT, 9V, 6W, ET,
YI9, and a few others. It was very hard to work the call areas, although I
did manage all 10 W areas on 20m. Thanks to Jack W7LD for the last one!
W6WRT and VE6YR were both very strong here, and it was a pleasure to work
both.

Seemed to spend more time S&P, but when I did call CQ, it was productive for
about 10 - 15 minutes, then died on me.
I did keep checking 10m, and only found a small opening that produced 4
contacts!
40m was very disappointing, and 15m wasn't much better! 15 was very slow,
and most stations were very quiet, but quite workable in between bouts of
QSB.

There seemed to be plenty of stations I have never worked before, so I guess
I will be doing a lot of QSL'ing!
My log will be on LoTW shortly.

Here is what I managed:

Single OP., All Band

 	 QSOs	Points	DX:	Call Areas
80m: 	10	100	6	0
40m:	24	255	18	2
20m:	257	2900	53	16
15m:	42	515	22	7
10m:	4	40	3	0
Total:	337	3810

Total multipliers:	127
Score:			483870
Station Description: 	IC756Pro + 70 Watts
Antenna(s): 		MQ1 mini-beam (2-ele) + Inverted L for 40/80
Operators: 		GU0SUP

Thanks to all for the points, and the patience!
73 de Phil GU0SUP
and see you next weekend in SCC!