[RTTY] SCC RTTY

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:12:08 EDT 2005

On 8/25/05, KO1H <KO1H at cox.net> wrote:
> Rules question the rules state.
> "ingle op. stations must transmit RST and four-digit number of the year the
> amateur radio licence was FIRST officially issued (e.g. 599 1983) to the
> operator."
>
> Does this mean the first year I was lisenced or does it mean the first year
> I held my Current call?

People have this trouble with the ARRL November Sweepstakes with the
most notorius example being the MIT club station (W1MX), which signs
"09", even though there weren't licenses until 1912.  :-)

It pretty clearly says "year amateur radio license was FIRST
officially issued".  If they'd meant "callsign", I'm sure they have
said "callsign".

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail

'They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin