[RTTY] A call for RTTY logs!

roy.morgan@nist.gov roy.morgan at nist.gov
Sat Dec 3 12:23:42 EST 2005

Quoting Don Hill AA5AU <aa5au at bellsouth.net>:

> Playing around in the TARA Melee this morning and about a third of the calls
> coming across the screen are new to RTTY.

Don,

I just joined the list, partly to give me more energy to get my RTTY station set
up.  I've had the call K1LKY since a novice in '58, though I have not been
operating much at all for many years.

I'm strongly oriented toward boatanchor equipment.  I have lots of TTY equipment
here and will have a nice station set up once it's all assembled and operating.
This will happen in stages:

- First, I will likely get on the air with a rice box (Kenwood TS-940), a Hal
ST-6000 T/U and a Model 15 printer.
- Later I'll set up with a Valiant and a 75A-4
- Still later yet, I'll move to an all-TMC setup with the TMC FSK exciter and
GPT-750 transmitter, and the GPR-90 receiever if it works well enough for the
job.  (The only TMC thing I don't have is a terminal unit.)

The antenna system is modest: a 105 foot zepp and a 40-10 multi-band dipole.
Later I'll put a multi-band vertical on the shed with elevated radials.

I wonder if there are any list members near the DC area.  I'd be glad to have a
visit to gain extra inspiration.

73,
Roy

Roy Morgan K1LKY since 1958