[RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU/Revision the Rules

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sat Dec 17 09:03:29 EST 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 2:15 PM, Andrei Nevis wrote:

>   Let's put it in this way:
>   1.RTTY RU is a popular RTTY Contest and can get way More
> participants.

The goal of any contest is to encourage participation.
>   However:
>   2. The Rules are not clear, they need to be revised.
>   (I do not want to read "three" sources here and there in order to
> understand the Rules.)

What's unclear about the rules? The categories are extremely similar
to ARRL SS (at least, SS of a few years ago)

>   3. SO2R and/or SOAB Assisted Category as well as Multy-Two
> Category must be added.

There is no need for an SO2R category in an contest. SO2R stations
belong in the Single Operator category.

Most ARRL contests don't have an Multi-Two category. ARRL DX is the
exception.

Since ARRL SS has an Unlimited class, I could see an argument for
creating that class in RTTY RU.

>   4. To extend full 30 hours of operation for Multies-this is obvious.
>   (This is just some very basic recommendations.)

I don't think so. RTTY RU is sorta like a RTTY ARRL SS, with some
rule changes to allow a higher level of participation from the
smaller number of RTTY operators.

>   5. 6. 7. etc...
>   I am not sure if ARRL is interesting in this extensions/
> modifications though.

The proper channel is the Contest Advisory Committee (CAC), or
through your ARRL Director.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901